I think this is the tenth post that I begin to write about Into the Wild, and every time I finish one, delete it after you re-read. Although it is been a week since I went to the cinema to green, spent a week to reflect, discuss and read about the film, I still can not find the right words to explain why I liked it so much, because I have so much involved . I try. Into the Wild tells the story (true) Chris McCandless (Emile Hirsch), a recent graduate who decides to abandon his family to go and find himself wandering around the United States, having as final goal to Alaska and living in the wilderness. Strengthened by a pseudonym created ad hoc (Alexander Supertramp), the protagonist embarks on his journey, leaving behind selfish affection of his sister and the hypocrisy of the parents, the real reason for his escape from the "normal." Despite the series of meetings that will down the road, all important in their own way, however, decide to continue undaunted in his quest for self.
The quality of the screenplay and directed by Sean Penn is in balance with which he describes the protagonist, which gives a portrait in the round, brought to the screen extremism and sweetness, selfishness and stubbornness. While praising the company and the spirit of the young McCandless, Penn does not turn a hagiography, but rather gives the character a step further to the ground thanks to her sister's voice-over, which outlines the reasons for the choices of the protagonist, recalling also the limitations and inherent weaknesses. But there's more. In addition to the richness and fascination of the images on the screen, Emile Hirsch is in a state of grace, which reads with a simplicity that I did not expect and I was convinced and deeply. All the notes of the beautiful songs of Eddie Vedder, Pearl Jam's leader, inexplicably snobbato dalla Academy.
PS: Non l’ho riletto, con buona pace dei probabili refusi, perché so che altrimenti finirei per cancellare anche questo. Siate buoni, accontentatevi.
Voto: 9 / 10
0 comments:
Post a Comment