Monday, February 4, 2008

How Does A Drag Queen Tuck In Dick

Cloverfield

I had to hold back. If I wrote a post on Cloverfield just returned from the cinema would be a set of onomatopoeia and verse, similar to a football fan during the Superbowl. Fortunately, however, I managed to control and mitigate the enthusiasm to this day, the day when I feel ready to write because this is a great movie.
Rob (Michael Stahl-David) is leaving for Japan on business. During the farewell party but something attacks New York, destroying the Statue of Liberty and panic among the people. While the city is looking for a way out, Robert decided to go back to save his girlfriend, helped da Lily (Jessica Lucas), Marlena (Lizzy Caplan) e l'amico Hud (T.J. Miller), che riprende tutto l'evento con una videocamera.
Le immagini che scorrono sullo schermo sono proprio quelle riprese da Hud e lo spettatore non può che ritrovarsi catapultato nel bel mezzo dell'azione, catturato dalla regia in soggettiva e dalla frenesia delle scene. Prodotto da J.J. Abrams e diretto da Matt Reeves , ovvero due delle menti dietro il successo di Lost , Cloverfield è un film che ti lascia aggrappato alla sedia per un'ora e mezzo, senza un attimo di tregua. Questa volta, l'esperimento della soggettiva, fallito miseramente in un'altra celebre occasione, a mio avviso funziona egregiamente. E' curioso anche accorgersi in the absence of finished film soundtrack, which is usually one of the pillars of a film, at least emotionally.

Rating: 8 / 10

0 comments:

Post a Comment