|
| Lady Liberty at sunset: how romantic the Rat! |
there really are water tanks on the roofs of buildings;
there are really red brick houses with iron fire escapes;
onion is everywhere
the wifi is everywhere;
the wind is cold, steady and off the ears;
squirrels infesting Central Park, Manhattan haunt
Italians;
99% of the trades "humble" or "fatigue" is played by African Americans, Hispanics or Asian;
99% of the seats of power is occupied by whites;
a pair of Levi's 501 costs 50 dollars (about 37 €) at full price;
an "espresso" coffee at Starbucks costs about $ 2;
an iPad coast $ 499, not 499 €;
Ground Zero is a gigantic building site and yes, I admit, I was less impressed than I expected;
you can cross the Brooklyn Bridge on foot and yes, I admit, I was very excited more than I expected;
I bought a Christmas ball-shaped Harley Davidson Cross Bones ;
libraries are huge (think Strand contains 18 miles of books, whatever that means), but not one I have found a novel by Brian Keene Jack Ketchum or, if
Little Italy and Chinatown are neighbors, there is a reason;
before entare tunnel in Manhattan, coming from Queens, there is an immense open-air cemetery: the graves occupy your entire field of view;
I saw the entire third season of Sons of Anarchy;
... to be continued
Since you insist so much, go back to the great richiesta la vostra rubrichetta preferita! :-)
Dov'eravamo rimasti? Ah sì, ecco. A New York...
|
| All Stars... and Stripes |
i jingle natalizi ti perseguitano anche in ascensore;
ho assistito a un'intera messa in una chiesa episcopale metodista di Harlem , gospel e improperi del predicatore pazzo inclusi;
ho visto una Stars and Stripes made of Converse All Star;
the infamous hot dog stalls are more or less at every street corner;
|
| that Manhattan is built on a volcano? |
are really white and red chimneys from which the smoke comes out, I was the notorious
melacubo Apple, and is not nothing to it;
I read the first part of Mangianomi : very classic tale from the plant, but we can do De Feo;
are the schoolbus yellow, just like in the movies;
climbed to the top at Rockefeller Center and I could not see the end of the city's public library
coolest in the world: yes, the one where they filmed the beginning of Ghostbusters;
I found a copy of White Noise De Lillo to 76 cents;
... to be continued again?
0 comments:
Post a Comment